Saturday, March 31, 2007

Not just what to buy, where to buy




We have bought all kinds of things these last two weeks, most of them intended as gifts.

We don't yet know who gets what.

But there are all kinds of small items that we still need to get--like Chairman Ho Chi Minh star hats, etc., and the pointed cone hats.

They sell them at hundreds of stalls and stores. How to choose?

Near one of the restaurants we like, we found one called Minh Tam, just like Maisie. That seems as good a way of picking a store as any.

Do you see anything you like? We can get you a good price....

These are just the bags. We'll get photos of some other things--hats, chop sticks, dolls, t-shirts....

4 comments:

Mairead said...

Those bags are gorgeous but I don't want you to have more to carry, so we'd love to pay you back for a nice set of chopsticks from Maisie's namesake!

Meg and Ava said...

The blog is wonderful and the babies are beautiful and handsome! I am glad to hear the paperwork/appointment shuffle is moving along. I laughed at your description and prediction of the next week - That feeling still seems so close but far away for us. We are sending good vibes your way for speedy government work and appointments! Be well - look forward to hearing someday how on/off you thought I was with my desciption of our experience :). Meg

Anonymous said...

I'm here looking at the blog with Mom. We are all very excited and she has been keeping up to date by coming by. I print the blog for her to take away as well. You look tired from your adventure, but happy and the kids look happy as well. Mom says she misses the phone calls and cant wait till your back in the U.S.. We're looking forward to it as well. Bobby and Jess are anxious to meet their new cousins in person. Good Luck

Bobby

Unknown said...

Hi Peggy and Ed -

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am thinking of you and the babies. I just got around to checking the blog, and I can't wait to read about your adventures. I don't know when you are coming home exactly, but safe travels!